Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Midterm 6

Midterm 6 Part 1: Understanding and Using Layers


This screenshot shows me creating a new image with transparency 
This screenshot shows me making a text box inside the transparency and writing in it. 
This screenshot shows me making a new layer and making it white and then adjust the opacity and make the letter show through it. 
This screenshot shows me uploading the penguin picture from my desktop onto GIMP. 
This screenshot shows the layers outline on the right and I created a new one called "Tux" and I anchored the penguin picture to that layer. I then moved the order of the layers and put text first then "Tux and finally the background. 
This is the final outcome of the picture. Now I understand and am comfortable using Layers on GIMP. 


Midterm 6 Part B: Creating an Animated GIF

In this screenshot I made the text circle and put my name as the text. 
In this screenshot I opened the layers tool box so that I can see the different layers in the image. 
In this screenshot I made a new layer called New Layer 1.
In this screenshot I had to copy my text which was my name and paste it onto the "New Layer 1."
In this screenshot I used the rotate tool and clicked on my text and selected to rotate it 45 degrees. 
Here I am making a new layer called "New layer 2."
I repeated the steps above on "new layer 2" and rotated it 90 degrees.
I made a new layer called "New Layer 3"
Then I repeated the copying and pasting of my name onto "New Layer 3" and rotated it 135 degrees. 
I finally made my last layer called "New Layer 4"
I copied and pasted my name onto "New Layer 4" and rotated it 180 degrees. 

Then the final image with all of the layers was saved as a GIF file but "as animation". 

Here is the final animated GIF image a text circle rotating. 

This is screenshots of me understanding and using layers on GIMPShop and creating an animated GIF image on GIMPShop. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics . For details, visit the  immersive  BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment